Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Contact Form

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tag:

Undercover heroes ...

In Mission SOS we have been blessed with many many good people. There are those that are seen all the time and often stand on the barricades and are the ones that are central to the work. They are all important to the ministry.

But today I want to take the opportunity to brag on one of our undercover heroes. We have so many that are not seen but without them the work would crumble.

As I was returning from Nepal one of our missionaries to Ethiopia, Katrine emailed me asking if I needed some help in TZ prior to the team coming. I replied that I most likely would. She then responded that she would meet up at the airport in TZ.

Katrine is one of our heroes. It took her seven days with a bus to go from Harar, Ethiopia to Arusha, TZ. Three of those she spent at the border between ET and Kenya - it had rained so much that the roads had collapsed. The guard post cleared out a room for her to sleep in until the roads reopened. When they did, Katrine climbed into a Land Rover and rode for 25 hours straight.
She was standing at the airport with a big smile as I came out.



Not a word of complaint. Always a big smile and the words "chigger yellum" meaning no problem. She pays for everything all the time and stands there with a cold soda or water to serve. She said goodbye to all of us yesterday by buying watermelon - what a treat!

She left this morning so that she can make it back to the base before the others leave to come and be a part of the festival team here in Same, TZ.

Thank God for people like Katrine. We need more people in the Kingdom like her.

C U soon!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

About The Almqvists

Hi, my name is Peter Almqvist and I am a minister of help. I work with setting up large outdoor evangelistic festivals all around the world, primarily in Africa. Currently we are on what we are calling the African Capital City Tour, or ACCT for short. We preach the gospel to those that have not heard or have yet to respond. The cry of the lost has been heard and we are responding to their SOS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates