Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Contact Form

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tag:

The Power of a Praying Grandmother


My grandmother, Hildegard (my dad's mom) was an amazing person! She has meant so much to me and it's not until I am getting a little older (I am 35 this year :)...) that I realize what an impact she has made in my life. When I was little I used to spend quite a lot of time with her and what I saw left a good impression!

My grandmother had a life that you could say was hard. Her first husband died in World War II and she was left to raise two little boys (twins) by herself. Later she met my grandfather and they had another little boy which was my dad! All her life she struggled with a lot of illnesses and many things that made her life difficult.

So what did I see when I was visiting her that left such an impression? She was a praying grandmother! That's really all she did, she would take at least 2 long prayer walks every day and in between those she would kneel by her "special prayer chair" in her den and pray. Did she pray for herself mostly? No, she prayed for her children, her grandkids, she would weep and pour out her heart to the Lord for all of us, that we would get to know Jesus, that we would succeed in life and so on... Wow! What a legacy she left behind! She would spend hours every day, just praying for my dad and his ministry as a missionary and pastor. Wow! That's power that continues to work and go ahead of all of us even though she's been with the Lord for a long time now. I am so thankful for my grandmother, everything she did for me and what she taught me, just by being who she was...

/Martina

About The Almqvists

Hi, my name is Peter Almqvist and I am a minister of help. I work with setting up large outdoor evangelistic festivals all around the world, primarily in Africa. Currently we are on what we are calling the African Capital City Tour, or ACCT for short. We preach the gospel to those that have not heard or have yet to respond. The cry of the lost has been heard and we are responding to their SOS.

2 comments:

 

Twitter Updates