Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Contact Form

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tag:

Third morning in Dar-es-Salaam

So I left the US on Tuesday pm and arrived to Tanzania very late on Wednesday, around midnight due to some delays on the way. Could not go to sleep (jet lag), battled my suitcase lock for almost an hour, showered and forced myself to sleep.
Dr Nkone, my host and senior pastor for Victory Christian Center in Dar-es-Salaam (DAR) has taken so good care of my since I stepped outside the arrival terminal at the airport. He and his wife picked me up and brought me to my hotel. We spent a good part of Thursday looking at possible venues for the June festival.
- We have the grand National Stadium, seating 60,000 on the bleachers


National Stadium
- We have the Uhuru Stadium, right next to it. At present under reconstruction. Will seat 30,000 on the bleachers
Uhuru Stadium
- We have Jangwani Grounds - a field that so far only Reinhard Bonnke and CfaN has been able to fill, some 10-15 years ago


Jangwani Grounds Down Town Dar-es-Salaam


Each one of these arenas have both advantages and disadvantages. We now need to determine which route we take. Trying to tune in to the heavenly frequencies to make the right choice.


I have also had time to look at the venue for the Campus Nights in November - a youth event that both evangelist Johannes Amritzer and the SOS Festival Band will take part in. VCC is hosting this event and they are expecting upwards of 15,000 young adults to attend. We will be setting up our equipment at the Leader's Club in DAR. Great venue for a youth event. Seems to be sort of a relic from the time of British rule; there is a Cricket pitch!


Today is another busy day with a grand tour of the city, scouting out accommodations, conference venues, places for street evangelism and more. In the afternoon I will be reuniting with Bishop Shoo from Moshi. He is the man that invited us to Same for our first festival in Tanzania. He is also the one that has opened the door for us to come to DAR and connected us with Dr Nkone and his team. I am looking forward to meeting this man of God so much. Will be a great evening with lot's of work and fellowship.


Pray with me for the right decisions to be made for the June event!

C U soon!
/ Peter

About The Almqvists

Hi, my name is Peter Almqvist and I am a minister of help. I work with setting up large outdoor evangelistic festivals all around the world, primarily in Africa. Currently we are on what we are calling the African Capital City Tour, or ACCT for short. We preach the gospel to those that have not heard or have yet to respond. The cry of the lost has been heard and we are responding to their SOS.

1 comments:

 

Twitter Updates