Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Contact Form

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Tag:

Fire, Antelopes and Wildhog...

I am sitting in my hotel room in Lusaka, Zambia and thinking back on the last week. Last Saturday I landed in Dar-es-Salaam again. Tanzania has become like a second (or third, or fourth) home in a way. Johannes arrived later in the evening and he preached 3 times the following day for Dr Huruma Nkone at VCCT. Great services. Powerful presence of heaven.


Tuesday morning we flew to Mbeya in the south. My alarm went off at 0230 so that we could make the 6am flight. We then had three days of mobilization in Mbeya. We meet with key people from the government, business people from the region and religious leaders. They all extended their hands in partnership and they all welcomed us to their city and region. God is planning something extraordinary for Mbeya in July.

Healed in her right ear.

Bishop Barnabas Mtokambali of the Tanzania Assemblies of God and his Executive team have and are showing us great favor in their nation. The TAG is celebrating their 75th anniversary this year and will be holding a large celebration conference in Mbeya in July. They invited us to hold our festival the same week. They are bringing in close to 5,000 pastors and we are bringing in close to 200 people to evangelize the city.

Mbeya will be shaken by the power of God. Jesus is about to show up in a new fresh way in the city and people will run to him like never before.


I left Mbeya and headed to Lusaka, Zambia for a scouting/recon trip. My flight was delayed so I arrived in the late afternoon. Bishop Mackson Mando from the AG met me at the plane together with some person from the airport. This man walked me through immigration in a breeze. Outside 4 other bishops were waiting. They all welcome me and SOS to Zambia.

As I was sitting outside in the sun taking my breakfast Saturday morning I see 10-15 antelopes about 50 meters away (150ft) just grazing in the open behind the hotel. Nice welcome to Lusaka. We spent the afternoon driving around the city, mainly the eastern parts, to see scout out good festival grounds. We may have found a good field. It is in densely populated area. But we are still not sure. It was so good to get a feel for the city.


That evening as I had some warthog for dinner. Someone knows how to cook in this place...
This morning I had the privilege to preach for Bishop Mackson Mando at his church. Great church. Maybe 300 people gathered this morning for service. I shared miracle stories, preached about a different fire that doesn't consume us. When I gave the altar call the altars were filled, maybe 70% came to the front. It was beautiful and powerful. Many recommitted to Jesus as the understood who He truly is and that he stepped down to lift us up! A glorious morning indeed. I was then invited to the Bishop's house for lunch. God is good.

Tomorrow I will meet the president of the EFZ, Evangelical Fellowship of Zambia, an umbrella organization for all the evangelical denominations and churches in Zambia. Zambia is known as a Christian nation. So why am I here?

Good question my friend. Last year God spoke to us about the capital cities of Africa and specifically the young generation. We were to set up festivals in each city and train the young to listen to the Spirit of God and life in the supernatural with signs, wonders, and miracles.

Driving from the airport to my hotel on Friday I asked the Bishops to tell me about the city. They said that Lusaka has a lot of churches and that Zambia is considered a Christian nation but there is a great challenge with the young people. Unless truly committed to God and the church, they are out  doing a whole lot of no good. Alcohol is a big, big problem. The young are not living for Jesus. This is why God has called us to Lusaka. To show them who He truly is. We want to come here and be real with the people. I tried to be real this morning and when I was, 70% responded to Jesus.

I believe Holy Spirit wanted me (us) to see and get a taste of what He wants to do in this city. We are a willing tool...

Lusaka for Jesus!

C u soon again somewhere in the world!!

About Unknown

Hi, my name is Peter Almqvist and I am a minister of help. I work with setting up large outdoor evangelistic festivals all around the world, primarily in Africa. Currently we are on what we are calling the African Capital City Tour, or ACCT for short. We preach the gospel to those that have not heard or have yet to respond. The cry of the lost has been heard and we are responding to their SOS.

1 comments:

  1. I agree with you. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job. For more information about Car wreckers visit website.

    ReplyDelete

 

Twitter Updates