Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Contact Form

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tag:

The Power of Love

Love ya! Love u... I love you... How many times do we say, e-mail and text this every day? Love is a powerful thing, real love that comes from the heart can accomplish anything. Unselfish, sacrificing, deep and true... Love...

This morning I read this passage in the Bible;

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

1 Cor 13:1-8

If I have and can do all these great things mentioned above, but don't have love for the people around me or God, it's worth nothing. Love is a powerful thing!

Love on the people you meet today, go that extra mile for someone, give that extra smile or hug, give someone a gift. Everyone needs love!


The greatest example we have in doing this is our Master Jesus! He went all the way and spared nothing, and because of Him and His love for us, we too can love others...

/Martina




About The Almqvists

Hi, my name is Peter Almqvist and I am a minister of help. I work with setting up large outdoor evangelistic festivals all around the world, primarily in Africa. Currently we are on what we are calling the African Capital City Tour, or ACCT for short. We preach the gospel to those that have not heard or have yet to respond. The cry of the lost has been heard and we are responding to their SOS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates