Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Contact Form

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tag:

Fourth morning in Pakistan



Yes it felt like coming home when I landed at Lahore International Airport early on Wednesday morning. Pakistan still has a big place in my heart. This is my country too.

At the airport I was met by a Major in the Pakistani army and he has hosted me since. What a great and humble man Major Ashar is.

I like the way the man thinks. The first place he took me to was a field that easily can hold 100,000+ people in the crowd. That was his first suggestion when it came to venues. It is still the best option. Wow! I sense God's hand over this trip in a special way.

Pakistan is at a crucial place in many ways. There us a dire need of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be preached to the people. At the same time the people at large are tired of the constant war that is being waged against the tribal fundamentals and the war on terror. But they see no way out of the tunnel that they are in. God is their only hope.



It is time to bring the good news of a risen savior to them. I believe that we can be an instrument in giving them hope in the midst of their despair.

People that are hit by tragedy in any form are more open to listen. When all their hope is washed away in a second and they find no answers to their why? What a great opportunity to preached hope and salvation to them.

Continue to pray for me as I continue on my scouting trip in Pakistan...

They even gave me a personal bodyguard... How about that!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

About The Almqvists

Hi, my name is Peter Almqvist and I am a minister of help. I work with setting up large outdoor evangelistic festivals all around the world, primarily in Africa. Currently we are on what we are calling the African Capital City Tour, or ACCT for short. We preach the gospel to those that have not heard or have yet to respond. The cry of the lost has been heard and we are responding to their SOS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates